Majorly upping its prankster game, the whole world’s gone ‘treasure’!
A sepia-toned, calligraphed viewing option on Google Maps. WITH HIDDEN TREASURES!
This is the lowdown on the whole she-bang. For those who have exceptional amounts of free time on their hands, of want to escape lives of quiet desperation i.e every single one of us.
- Captain Kidd’s treasure map was found underwater.
- He uploaded it digitally.
- The map contains a variety of encrypted symbols and is not readily decipherable.
- Google says : “We need your help to decipher these symbols and find Captain Kidd’s treasures; therefore we’ve decided to digitize the map and make it accessible to everyone.”
- Go to your area: and start poking about the map! Share the Easter Eggs you find by GPlus-ing and tweeting hashtag #treasuremap.
Don’t you just love the look on her face? Go smell for yourself.
I mean why wouldn’t anyone want to live in a world where you can record smells. What would you record? I WOULD RECORD APPLE PIE.
In other April Fools-y news, YouTube is
A GIANT AWARDS SHOW IN ITSELF.
“We are so close to the end. Tonight at midnight, YouTube.com will stop accepting entries.” – Tim Liston, (clean-cut, wholesome, pretty) Competition Director, YouTube
The shiny video, with the inspirational music.
The pretty hair. The YouTube labelled boxes in the background.
The serious looking interns.
The busy looking people.
The GOOGLE of it all.
Gotta love Google for going the extra mile to put stupid grins on our faces.
A very smart way to remind people who the bawse is, Google lovingly peppers April Fools every year with things that make people (netizens) happy SO THEY CAN CONTINUE RUNNING THE WORLD. And so we’ll be pliable enough to let them. Oh who am I kidding.
They have WON. And I am still grinning.
The winners of ALL OF THE YOUTUBE will be announced here tonight.
Jellyspoons all, if you’re curious, you may peek at last year’s April Fool’s pranks brought to you by Danny Goodwin of Search Engine Watch.
Who wouldn’t look forward to waking up on April 1st in a Google World?
*wistful sigh from a willing servant of the hive mind*