So we made a birthday cake out of 5 things : donuts, icecream, nutella, banana and jam. You can wonder what that combination might make up. And how it was tossed together. It was fun eating. No picture don’t mean no love.
I have for you today, this. Something I perchanced upon with Joshua of It’s Not The Heat, It’s The Humidity, while he was shopping at New Balance. Honestly. As generic as the manufacturers might think the word *impregnated* is, I was tickled.
And this, Would you expect anything less from these blokes? *guffaw*
The above picture is thanks to Rachel Follet of The Lovely Clusters and her moodboards. *sigh*
I want to show you what the soldiers in Afghanistan are eating. The interactive Flash webpage is here.
You’d have to click on each picture to see what’s inside:
Several wonderments came into my mind while viewing these.
- How much more drab they must look to the soldiers when they are in the flattering lighting of their Afghani war bases.
- The well known mini Tabasco bottle in the British kit – I know several people who’d buy those for their car, bag, cat etc.
- How the soldiers choose these, or if they don’t at all. Either the lack of choice is comforting amidst the cacophony (or lack thereof) OR they’re all silently rebelling.
- Being in the army does mean you’re rather well paid (at least in the States). That must help.
- The Koreans have nice biscuits and (surpise) Kimchi.
- The American lunch box is uber colourful.
- I wonder how much food colouring, flavouring and preservatives are in those things.
- I want one from each country. Morbid, much?
I leave you with a wunderbar video from Ken Turner. About a boy who wants to be Timothy Burton. I mean, I want to be Helena Bonham-Carter but that isn’t quite the same. Still.
Please, please click-through: http://vimeo.com/14811088
I’ve downloaded it and tried to upload. WordPress isn’t being agreeable.
I wonder how everyone else’s weekend has been.